About more onion
More onion is a digital mobilisation agency supporting progressive non-profits all over Europe with digital campaigns and fundraising. Our team is based in Austria, Germany and the UK.
Our agency work combines strategy consulting, creative communications and hands-on delivery of campaigning and fundraising projects. More onion also offers a software platform for organisations, called Impact Stack.
We have adopted an organisational structure where every client has a main contact person who is an expert at digital mobilisation. This way the role of an Account Manager is combined with hands-on experience and expertise in the delivery of projects. Due to recent growth we are introducing a new layer of management by hiring a Director of Mobilisation who will support and manage the team of Account Managers, as well as delivering some projects directly themselves.
This role offers a balance of hands-on project delivery, working directly with clients, and leading the agency arm of the company by supporting and developing our growing team of Account Managers to do the same.
- Your job is to oversee and ensure the success of agency projects, from defining scope and developing strategy, to execution
- You manage the agency team, train new members of staff and provide guidance to team members
- In some instances you will also lead your own agency projects from conception to completion
- You collaborate with others when leading on bigger mobilisation projects (copy, designs, tactics, etc.) to craft engaging digital experiences
- Through the process you maintain good relationships with clients and deliver events such as public trainings
- You manage the project pipeline, schedules and delivery of projects (including external vendors, partners and freelancers)
- As a team member you participate in activities of the wider organisation, support colleagues, learn together, improve our process and provide input to business development
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the charity sector in the field of mobilisation (including campaigning or fundraising) and/or digital
- Minimum of 2 years in leadership and/or management roles, or other evidence of leadership ability
- Hands-on experience with digital delivery of campaigns or fundraising
- Flexible when it comes to specific tasks you carry out and areas of responsibility you hold
- Excitement about working with non-profits, NGOs, charities, unions and progressive organisations
- Clear, pro-active communications in writing as well as conversations (fluent in German is a big plus)
- Ability to work fairly independently as a member of a tightly knit team
Nice to have but not essential
- Proficiency in written and spoken German
You don't meet all of these criteria? Feel free to reach out and tell us why you think you are the right candidate anyway.
What we can offer:
- A fairly independent role at an innovative company, where we practice what we preach and we're never afraid to change and evolve
- Working for well known international charities and helping them create impact
- An organisation that has established processes, many years of experience and a very detailed understanding of the sector and client's needs
- A wonderful team with a friendly culture and supportive colleagues
- A work environment where learning, innovation and improvement is celebrated
- Flexible working hours (as long as clients and the teams are happy)
- Flexible choice of work place with a willingness to travel to London, Berlin and Vienna
- A salary depending on experience and location
- UK: £43,000 - £48,000 annual full time* equivalent, plus £3,000 London weighting where applicable
- Mainland Europe: € 3.400- € 4.000 gross per month, full time equivalent (12 paychecks)
* Full time = 40 hours. We are also open to candidates looking to work the full 40 hours.
We want to encourage diversity in our team. We're looking forward to your application!
You want to support us with your experience and want to join our team? We're looking forward to hearing from you. Please send us a letter (we may share with the team), your CV and 2-3 references we can contact.
We want to find candidates for this role as soon as possible. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to email@example.com.