About more onion
More onion is a digital mobilisation agency supporting progressive non-profits all over Europe with digital campaigns and fundraising. Our teams are based in Vienna, Berlin and in the UK.
As an agency we combine strategy consulting, creative communications and technical delivery. More onion is also the company behind Impact Stack: a powerful software platform for digital campaigning and fundraising.
Impact Stack is used by charities in over 10 countries and has grown substantially in the past years. This role is directly connected to sustaining this growth. You will play an active role in the development of the software platform and supporting our clients to ensure they are successfully using it.
Your role is to manage technical projects, ongoing technical processes and software development work. By collaborating closely with developers, strategy consultants, UX designers and the support team you will analyse what needs our clients have and what technical solutions will meet those needs.
Using the best parts of agile process methodologies you will ensure the developers have what they need to build a great product. You will help define requirements, avoid scope creep and manage client expectations.
Depending on your skillset you will also review code and give feedback on technical architecture drafts. By facilitating conversations about requirements, code and architecture you can help clarify what the client really needs and support the team with the decision making process.
When releasing code you will support the team by click-testing and smooth coordination with other parts of the company. Through regular updates you facilitate effective communications all the way from scoping to software development and eventually hosting as well as maintenance.
- Discuss and analyse requirements with mobilisation experts and other parts of the team
- Plan and manage the delivery of technical projects as well as ongoing product development
- Facilitate activities of the development team (scoping exercises, weekly sprint meetings, architecture planning, etc.)
- Help the other teams with day to day questions, collecting information and joint decision making
- Click-test features as well as releases and ensure our quality standards / coding standards are met
- Support the release process and facilitate exchange between hosting, support and development teams
- Write technical documentation as well as user guides
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the technology field
- Outstanding, clear and pro-active communications in speech and writing (English is a must, German is nice to have)
- Solid understanding of web technology and some understanding of CRMs, email marketing systems as well as CMS
- Ability to manage teams and facilitate decision making in a world of ever changing requirements
- Ability to manage technical projects on tight budgets and very good prioritisation skills to deliver value for our clients on short time lines
- Patience and resilience to overcome obstacles
- Flexible when it comes to tasks and specific technology used to solve problems
- Excitement about working with non-profits, NGOs, charities, unions and progressive organisations
- Ability to work fairly independently as a member of a tightly knit team
You don't meet all of the criteria? Feel free to reach out and tell us why you think you are the right candidate anyway.
What we can offer:
- A fairly independent role at an innovative company, where we practice what we preach and we're never afraid to reinvent ourselves
- Working for well known international charities and helping them create impact
- A development team that has established processes, many years of experience and a very detailed understanding of the product and the user needs
- A wonderful team with a friendly culture and supportive colleagues
- A work environment where learning, innovation and improvement is celebrated
- Somewhat flexible working hours (as long as client needs and the team's needs are met)
- Flexible choice of work place (if you can work from the Vienna office that’s a plus but not required)
- A salary typical of the non-profit sector: between € 2.300 and € 2.825 gross per month (full time equivalent, 14 salaries per year). That is a full time equivalent of € 32.200 to € 39.550 gross salary per year). The exact salary depends on your experience and administrative cost connected to the country you live in.
We want to encourage diversity in our team. We're looking forward to your application!
Please send us a letter (we may share with the team), your CV and 2-3 references we can contact. We want to find candidates for this role as soon as possible. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to email@example.com You can find out more about our company here and about our software platform on the Impact Stack website.